Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Card Rejects

The Christmas Card. It is no secret that I am a fan of pictures, especially of my munchkins. So, nevertheless, I am going to send out a picture card for my holiday greetings. Yes, every year. You can expect it! Of note, I also love receiving the picture cards of all the families and kids and animals, too. Please keep sending them to me.

I am not organized enough to have a professional picture taken and order a gazillion christmas cards and expect to have them out by Christmas. I am also one of those mothers who has visions of my little darlings looking clean, cute and directly at the camera with perfect ear-to-ear grins. However, I am more often the mom who struggles with getting the kids to sit down, to sit together, to look at the camera, to not make goofy faces, to not put things in their noses and all the while try not to raise my voice inevitably resulting in someone crying. As usual, my pictures were on a whim this year. I was cutting it close as we were nearing single digit days left until Christmas. So, after cousin Cole was gone from our fun weekend, it was picture time. I completely banked on getting one of those lay-outs in which you could use a couple different shots and not have to have the one, single, money-shot. Our card turned out pretty cute considering I only snapped a record SIX shots in a fifteen minute session and was off to the nearest Kodak machine. So, here are the couple reject shots. Still cute, but didn't make the cut. You'll notice also that my flying-by-seat-of-my-pants procrastination led me to send out a holiday card with my son dressed in a shirt that has a skull on it. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment