Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Brothers & Sisters




Nate and Tessa have your traditional brother and sister relationship. From day one, of Tessa's life that is, we have told Nate that he has great responsibility as a big brother. Big brothers protect little sisters. All the teachers at school have told us how protective he is of her. They give examples that he tries to check on her in the preschool classroom several times per day and he always saves her a spot in line with him. But, as most brother and sister relationships go, it's not all love-love. I hesitate to use the word hate because I used to get in trouble for saying hate, oh my god and sucks when I was a kid. But, where there is yin there is yang. Therefore, where there is love there is *@^#, you know. So they hug but they also hit. They kiss but they also bite. They share but they are also borrow without permission. So, when I found a small toy gun aimed at Miss T's face while she was napping on the couch one day, I wondered if her brother was showing love or not so much? It is not a secret that I am NOT a fan of guns. Toy guns included. But, I did get a little chuckle out of it all. And, I choose to believe that it was set there for her in case she needed to protect herself while her brother was busy playing Geotrax!

*I had to include the picture of Troy playing on the computer with the kids. His hair is looking rather Lloyd Christmas-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment