Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Thanks.


Nate brought home a school project today. This being the Thanksgiving season and all, of course the question posed to the children was what they were thankful for. Well, Nate is quite thankful for reindeer, snakes, his Dad, his house and the sun. Hhhmmm? Quite curious. I have to admit that as his mother I was kind of wondering where my thanks were but this isn't about me after all. After his explicit explanation of why he was thankful for all of these things including that he is thankful for snakes because they eat bugs he followed with, unprompted, "Don't worry, mom. I donated my book to you." His class wrote and colored a thanksgiving book that they were to dedicate to someone. Nate "donated" or dedicated his to me. I did a little happy dance and that
"donation" made the blow of being left off of the what I'm thankful for list a little bit less ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment