Saturday, July 17, 2010

Independence Lake


Spent the afternoon at one of our local watering holes. Independence Lake. Not sure what I was expecting. It's no Archer Lake. But, when it's a million degrees and you need to get the kiddos out of the house, we'll settle. There is a splash pad that's lots of fun but seemed to be filled with lots of little babies that Nate and Tessa were practically trampling. So, to avert any accidents and lawsuits we decided to park by the beach. Well, from the beach there is a fantastic view of a giant jungle gym. And, that my friends, is where we spent the majority of our time. At a lake but playing on a jungle gym all the while it is five hundred gazillion degrees outside. Nate has been quite obsessed with his iPod that Gramma Gayla got him for his birthday. His favorite tune is Who Let the Dogs Out and we've heard it about 72 thousand times along with Nate barking like a dog. Now please picture my kid swinging on the monkey bars, barking like a dog to the tune of Who Let the Dogs Out coming from his iPod looped on his bathing suit strings and a handful of other children joining in and barking as well. I got some strange looks from other parents and all I was thinking was at least it wasn't OPP or Back That @ss Up blaring from his pocket (those songs, for the record, are not on his iPod)! And, I also found it funny that Tessa played with a little girl named after an IUD, Mirena and a little boy named Earl. And I had to remind myself that it is our right as parents to name our children.

This was the only pic I snapped as I was consumed with keeping my two kids in the same area, not hurting or drowning themselves or others.

No comments:

Post a Comment