Sunday, September 25, 2011

Readin' & Writin'

Kids are learnin'! Love these sentence and story pictures. Tessa even brought home something similar this past week. I have to admit that sometimes I'm a little worried what might be said or illustrated!

Nate
Translation: I am going to Cincinnati because went kayaking with my family. Not sure how Cincinnati got thrown in there. Been kayaking, but just on the local river here. But how cute and terrible is that phonetic spelling?! And, how cool is that illustration of the orange kayak on the minivan?! And, if you look closely he has drawn a mole and mole tunnel in the lawn. Seriously. Can you tell that Troy and I have been complaining and dealing with moles!
This is Tessa's fill in the blank. She's happy when her bother is her friend. Awwh.
Now this is weird and hilarious. Tessa is sad when you don't like her pet unicorn. What?! Exactly what we said. And, apparently she doesn't really know how to depict a sad face...unless she thinks all people with a mustache are sad.
Nate
Translation: This is me at the zoo with my mom. That's mommy in the dress. I've graduated from a barrel chest and huge thighs! Yay! That is Nate in the blue pants and yellow shirt at the penguin exhibit. Please note the giraffe eating off of the tree on the right. The top blue thing with the person inside is a concession stand by the lion exhibit. Leave it to my son to include where we eat! The bottom left, small black animal by the tree is a monkey, of course. All of our favorites! Monkeys and penguins and giraffes and lions...and treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment