Friday, September 2, 2011

Aspiring Carnie?

And then there are the repercussions of taking your children to the fair. It is highway robbery to attend any fair. They sucker you in with "kids are free" but they forget to remind you that an elephant ear costs $7 and a few measly games that no one ever wins will rape you of $50 in a flash. Well, my kids cannot walk down a midway without spotting the most desirable Spongebob and Smurf stuffed animals.

We took the kids to one of the local, not-as-good-as-HCF- fairs. Above is Nate shooting a pellet gun for a Spongebob. He almost took out the Carnie's eye. He managed to snag a "small" prize for playing. No Spongebob though.

Tessa actually, legitimately won this game...after about 3 tries...she left with Smurfette tucked lovingly under her arm. Prizes from fairs, especially stuffed ones, give me the heebies and I yet I let her sleep with it (after I inspected it for hypodermic needles and sprayed it with Febreeze!)

Shooting hoops for Smurfs and Angry Birds.

So, I get called to "come here" by Nate a few days later. And this is what I find...

My son. Playing fair. An aspiring Carnie. You had to bowl the stacked cups down. And, in true fair fashion, it was harder than it looks! It took me TWO tries because he insisted you had to knock all of them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment