Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jungle Gym in Wild Kingdom.


Happy Birthday, kids! Belated, that is, since their birthdays are in May and June. Nevertheless, all hail, Troy's glorious summer project is complete...just as it has turned fall. And, it looks fantastic. The kids have reassured us that it is just as fun as it is fantastic-looking. The final staining was completed this past weekend. To give Troy more due credit, the structure has been complete for quite some time and it all came from his own spit and grit, sweat and tears and whatever else serious carpenters use to build things. The detail work and finishing touches were what seemed to linger on the to-do list. We will be alternating seasonally between the Michigan and the skull and crossbones pirate flags. So, come on over and have a crawl up the rock climbing wall, or take a peek out of the awesome telescope, or zip down the super-slick slide or do some underdogging on the swings. We've got it all on our jungle gym. Just bring your deet-free bug spray, 'cause we do live in the jungle!

And, speaking of the jungle, the pickin's must be getting slim in the woods as the leaves begin to turn and fruit trees around our house are dropping mushy what-nots all over the place. Santa's sleigh-pullers have been creeping up towards the house again and they're out in herds! Here's a couple pictures I snapped yesterday afternoon. That's Bambi prancing across the backyard about 20 feet from me. I know, they don't run! It's crazy.
And, you'll see Prancer, Dancer and others grazing by the salt lick right off of our deck. They're sweet. But, I tell you, they can be creepy. While I love them and I keep telling the kids that they are our friends, when I pull into our driveway I still find myself waiting patiently in the van until they take off running. Sometimes this involves me making ridiculous noises so not as to completely freak them out but get them to saunter back in to the woods. Because I'm pretty sure I'd be that woman that got attacked by a deer in her van.

No comments:

Post a Comment