Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Fun.

Took our punkin's to one of the many local pumpkin patches around here yesterday. The kids had a great time and the weather was very nice. We managed to drop $50 somehow. What the heck? I could throw a couple dozen pumpkins in my front lawn, say they were organic and homegrown, tote some kids around in a wagon behind the mower, let everyone pet the deer, mound up some straw for the kiddos to climb all over, sell some home-baked cookies or bread and make a killing. We did get 7 or so pumpkins, pony rides, hot cider, a dozen donuts, some cute pictures, muddy shoes, straggling pieces of straw and a bunch of smiles out of it all though. So, I guess I'm not gonna be grinchy about annual autumn family outings.

Here are some of those cute pictures that I cannot bear not to share...

Nate diligently searching for the perfect pumpkin.
Tessa's pumpkin test involved sitting on the pumpkins.

Tessa chose to ride the largest pony available.

Quite the cowboy.
This was a pre-donut bribery picture. The only one where they are both almost looking at me.


Who needs a donut when you have this sweetness?


King and Queen of the Hill.

Nate, the pirate, enjoying one of many donuts.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics!! And I'm so jealous. Hot cidar and warm cinnamon donuts...yummers. Love apple orchards.

    ReplyDelete